Cohabitation agreement (England and Wales)

About this service

Use this document to create a cohabitation agreement to protect the interests of a cohabiting couple who are not married or in a registered civil partnership, and are either already living together or plan to live together in a home that they are renting or which is owned by one or both parties. This document will regulate the financial interests of the couple during the relationship and, upon termination (should their relationship come to an end), deal with common issues, such as the division of joint assets, the mutual home and joint bank accounts. In England and Wales there is no formal legislation which makes cohabitation agreements legally enforceable, but given that a cohabitation agreement is a contract existing between two parties, so long as it complies with the basic requirements of contract law, it should be legally enforceable (more information on this is included within the notes of this document). Therefore, each member of the couple is advised to take independent legal advice as to the terms and conditions of the agreement before signing it. This agreement is only for use when the parties intend to live in England or Wales.
  • Solicitor Serviced

  • What you get for £249.99 See how this compares
  • Want to to try the service out? Take a look
  • Buy now
    • 1 Your document reviewed by our solicitors within 3 working days
    • 2 Access to our solicitors for advice over the phone
    • 3 Helpful explanations and guidance throughout
    • 4 Customer services advisors on hand to answer any service queries
    • 5 Secure online document storage, tracking and print facility
Prefer to call us for advice or prepare a document by phone? 0800 612 3556

Most documents take about 15 - 45 minutes

You can try the service out beforehand, and can save your progress at any time and come back to the document later.

We're here to help

Your document will be reviewed by our legal experts, and you can call us at any time

About us

How MyLawyer works

  1. 1 Fill in a questionnaire online Answer the straightforward questions at your convenience
  2. 2 Submit to our solicitors Our solicitors will advise you and approve your document
  3. 3 Print and sign your document Once approved, simply print and sign your document

See how we helped Liz

"It's not just a website... there are people there on call who can help answer your queries."

Liz W, London