Change of name deed for a minor

About this service

You can easily change the name of your child using this document, provided that you have parental responsibility for that child. Note, however, that you cannot use this document if there is more than one other person with parental responsibility for the child, or if there is only one other person with parental responsibility for the child but that person does not consent to the name change. This document is only suitable for minors (i.e. under the age of 18) and British citizens. If your child is aged 16 or over, he or she will also need to give consent to the change of name by signing in both his/her new and old name. Please note that it is only suitable for use in England & Wales.

This product is suitable for use in: England & Wales

  • Solicitor Serviced

  • What you get for £39.99 See how this compares
  • Want to to try the service out? Take a look
  • Buy now
    • 1 Your document reviewed by our solicitors within 3 working days
    • 2 Access to our solicitors for advice over the phone
    • 3 Helpful explanations and guidance throughout
    • 4 Customer services advisors on hand to answer any service queries
    • 5 Secure online document storage, tracking and print facility
Prefer to call us for advice or prepare a document by phone? 0800 612 3556

This service takes about 15 minutes

You can try the service out beforehand, and can save your progress at any time and come back to the document later.

We're here to help

Your document will be reviewed by our legal experts, and you can call us at any time

About us

How MyLawyer works

  1. 1 Fill in a questionnaire online Answer the straightforward questions at your convenience
  2. 2 Submit to our solicitors Our solicitors will advise you and approve your document
  3. 3 Print and sign your document Once approved, simply print and sign your document

See how we helped Liz

"It's not just a website... there are people there on call who can help answer your queries."

Liz W, London