Change of name deed

About this service

This document will create a deed poll or statutory declaration (as required) to change your surname and/or first name. Please note that you cannot use either option to change the name of a minor, i.e. anyone under the age of 18. This document can only be used in England & Wales. If you select the deed poll option, you have a further option to register the document with the Royal Courts of Justice, which involves advertising the name change. To use the option to register the deed poll, you must have the details of a person who has known you for at least ten years, is a householder in Britain and is willing to swear a statutory declaration on your behalf. You must also be a British citizen.

This product is suitable for use in: England & Wales

  • Solicitor Serviced

  • What you get for £39.99 See how this compares
  • Want to to try the service out? Take a look
  • Buy now
    • 1 Your document reviewed by our solicitors within 3 working days
    • 2 Access to our solicitors for advice over the phone
    • 3 Helpful explanations and guidance throughout
    • 4 Customer services advisors on hand to answer any service queries
    • 5 Secure online document storage, tracking and print facility
Prefer to call us for advice or prepare a document by phone? 0800 612 3556

This service takes about 15 minutes

You can try the service out beforehand, and can save your progress at any time and come back to the document later.

We're here to help

Your document will be reviewed by our legal experts, and you can call us at any time

About us

How MyLawyer works

  1. 1 Fill in a questionnaire online Answer the straightforward questions at your convenience
  2. 2 Submit to our solicitors Our solicitors will advise you and approve your document
  3. 3 Print and sign your document Once approved, simply print and sign your document

See how we helped Liz

"It's not just a website... there are people there on call who can help answer your queries."

Liz W, London