Telephone services for Divorce

Talk to our friendly advisors and solicitors to help you through your divorce

Why a MyLawyer telephone divorce?

Getting divorced is often stressful and the steps required daunting and time-consuming. At MyLawyer we recognise this, so have created a telephone divorce service that lets you speak over the phone with a solicitor who will complete the necessary documentation on your behalf.

Documents in this area

  • Divorce for married couples (pack)

    Divorcing can be difficult, so we’ve done our best to make the process as quick and simple as possible. This pack includes the divorce petition required to start the process, in addition to statements in support of your divorce, an application for a decree nisi and an application for a decree absolute.

    Please note that the financial aspects of separating (how your home and other assets are split between you and your spouse) are dealt with separately from the divorce process. For help with this, please call us on 0800 612 2337.

  • Dissolution 'divorce' for civil partners (pack)

    Dissolving your civil partnership can be difficult, so we’ve done our best to make the process as quick and simple as possible. This pack includes the Civil Partnership Dissolution Petition required to start the process, along with the rest of the documents that could subsequently be needed. Additionally, the Civil Partnership Dissolution Petition can instead be used to apply for a Separation, which can divide your assets and responsibilities like a dissolution, while your civil partnership remains.

  • Change of name deed
    This document will create a deed poll or statutory declaration (as required) to change your surname and/or first name. Please note that you cannot use either option to change the name of a minor, i.e. anyone under the age of 18. This document can only be used in England & Wales. If you select the deed poll option, you have a further option to register the document with the Royal Courts of Justice, which involves advertising the name change. To use the option to register the deed poll, you must have the details of a person who has known you for at least ten years, is a householder in Britain and is willing to swear a statutory declaration on your behalf. You must also be a British citizen.
  • Change of name deed for a minor
    You can easily change the name of your child using this document, provided that you have parental responsibility for that child. Note, however, that you cannot use this document if there is more than one other person with parental responsibility for the child, or if there is only one other person with parental responsibility for the child but that person does not consent to the name change. This document is only suitable for minors (i.e. under the age of 18) and British citizens. If your child is aged 16 or over, he or she will also need to give consent to the change of name by signing in both his/her new and old name. Please note that it is only suitable for use in England & Wales.

To call us for advice or prepare a document by phone 0800 612 3556

What you get from this service:

  • A solicitor-approved divorce tailored to your circumstances
  • Access to expert advice and guidance over the phone
  • Instructions on what to do every step of the way
  • A secure online document storage facility

Useful information

Getting Divorced

Getting divorced is a stressful time for couples. At MyLawyer we aim to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible by guiding couples through the required documents and forms.

How do I get an online divorce?

An online divorce offers a convenient and cost-effective way to go through the divorce process.

What is the divorce process?

The first step in a divorce process is to complete a 'divorce petition' referred to as a 'Divorce/judicial separation petition (Form D8)' and send it to the Regional Divorce Centre (DC) for your area.

What are the grounds for Divorce?

There is, in fact, only one 'ground' for divorce in the eyes of the law and that is that a marriage has irretrievably broken down.

What is a decree absolute?

A 'decree absolute' is the final order in the divorce process which confirms that your marriage has legally ended and that you are free to marry again.

What is a decree nisi?

A 'decree nisi' is the first of two 'orders' which you need to obtain to finally end your marriage.

Want to get started or find out more?

Call us on 0800 612 3556 and we'll be delighted to help.

How a MyLawyer telephone service works

  1. 1 Choose your document and call 0800 612 3556 to get started
  2. 2 Speak to a solicitor who will draft your document over the phone
  3. 3 Receive your completed document by post or retrieve it online