Residential property law centre

Full range of property law documents

Why the MyLawyer property law service?

At MyLawyer, we know that your property is an important asset. We also understand the residential property law relating to letting out a house or flat and are here to help you comply with the regulations. Whether you are looking for residential tenancy agreement or a flatmates agreement or you need to evict a tenant, our fixed-fee property law service and legal experts will ensure your interests are protected.

Our most popular products

Prefer to call us for advice or prepare a document by phone? 0800 612 3556

See how we helped Liz

"It's not just a website... there are people there on call who can help answer your queries."

Liz W, London

Useful information

How do I give notice to my tenants?

If you have rented out your property under an 'Assured shorthold tenancy agreement', you're entitled to regain possession of it by notifying your tenant under the terms of Section 21 of the Housing Act 1988 (known as a Section 21 Notice).

Sharing your house or flat with a lodger?

If you own your house or flat and would like to rent out one of your rooms to a lodger, it is advisable to have an agreement in place to formally record the terms and conditions under which the lodger (referred to as the 'occupier') will share your property.

What is a deposit protection scheme?

By law, landlords taking deposits for assured shorthold tenancies are required to safeguard their tenants' deposits through the registration with an approved deposit protection scheme.

What is an assured shorthold tenancy agreement?

An 'Assured shorthold tenancy agreement' (AST) allows a landlord to let out a property to a tenant while retaining the right to repossess the property at the end of the term of the tenancy.

We're here to help

Your document will be reviewed by our legal experts, and you can call us at any time

How MyLawyer works

  1. Fill in an questionnaire online Answer the straightforward questions at your convenience
  2. Submit to a team of legal professionals Our team will advise you and approve your document
  3. Print and sign your document Once approved, simply print and sign your document

Did you know?

The word property, in everyday conversation, refers to an object owned by an individual- a bicycle, a computer, or an item of clothing - and its value to the owning party. In property law, however, the definition of property is usually reserved for physical property (houses & other buildings) within the scope of modern common law. The MyLawyer Online Property Law Service covers all aspects of residential property law online, providing comprehensive legal documents and one-to-one legal advice over the phone.

Copyright © 2022 Epoq Group Ltd. All trademarks acknowledged, all rights reserved

This website is operated by Epoq Legal Ltd, registered in England and Wales, company number 3707955, whose registered office is at 2 Imperial Place, Maxwell Road, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 1JN. Epoq Legal Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA number 645296).